Position Title: Roland Care Service Manager Department: Service
Position Reports To: President of Business Unit
Positions Supervised: Roland Care Supervisors
Execute the vision for the department with guidance from the President. Manages the members of the Technical Services department with the specific goal of aligning these technical personnel to improve the quality of end user and dealer support services. Performance of the department will be demonstrated through the use of performance metrics, both individual and departmental. This position will also be responsible for alignment with the Product Management team so that trends captured in the field can be assessed with the Product Managers and ultimately fed back to R&D, QA and the Business VMU.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following
- Professionally coach, counsel and develop department personnel.
- Provide leadership, management, prioritization, and direction for department.
- Handle all day-to-day monitoring and management for department.
- Develop and implement plans to improve business processes for department.
- Create atmosphere of alignment between service group and product management group to ensure smooth flow of documentation and information.
- Communicate with DG on escalated issues in which there are no known solutions internally and which guidance is needed.
- Create, maintain, and update a repository of technical documentation.
- Understand and monitor Service Profit & Loss statement provided by the accounting department.
- Analyze service revenue, formulate and conduct plan to increase revenue.
- Analyze service cost and formulate and conduct plan to reduce expenses for Service.
- Understand the data being input into CRM and establish dashboards to track against Global KPI’s for Service.
- Build the strong relationship with customers by utilizing CRM to reach out and solicit feedback so processes can constantly improve.
- Develop an infrastructure to report back to R&D and QA the quality that is being recorded in the machines that are deployed.
- Formulate and conduct plan to improve service quality of Field Engineer.
- Quickly deploy and manage the determined countermeasure in the market for observed failures.
Global Service Activities (Contribution to global actions)
- Get involved in formulating Global Service Mid-Long Term Plan.
- Manage local activities by breaking global goal down into local (Service Revenue, Global KGI/KPI).
- Promote knowledge sharing and contribute to bettering knowledge of Service Engineers globally, making sure they are trained with the latest information.
- Contribute to resolving issues quickly and reducing the customer’s downtime globally by quickly feeding back the accurate market failure information.
- Contribute to raising the level of Global Service by regularly feeding local service information back to the RGT.
- Annual reviews including peer feedback
- Performance against MBO plan
- Monthly departmental report on performance
- Departmental metrics and reports
Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree in technical area preferred. MBA is a plus
Technical understanding of specific applications and outstanding computer/PC skills. Must be comfortable with current graphics applications. Must have excellent overall PC computing skills, including a thorough familiarity with MS Office applications. Thorough knowledge of how to effectively use CRM systems. Good working knowledge of Excel and pivot tables.
Prior experience in a technical support or field services position.
Demonstrated success in management and development of staff.
10+ years of experience in product/support related roles
Experience with contact center, inventory management, and warranty claims
Experience managing and/or building a knowledgebase
Experience with managing or directing training programs
Experience in supporting a distribution channel with a technically complex product
Ability to critically assess and advise engineers and other technical personnel in a cooperative, coaching manner.Interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills gained through a progressive career path including cross-functional interactions.Customer Service oriented, passionate to help resolve customer problems and increase customer satisfaction through service quality.Leadership that makes decisions, drives positive change and continuous improvement, and accepts responsibility.Ability to work independently, as well as within cross-functional teamsAbility to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously to completion on deadline.High energy: commitment: the ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial and fast growing company.Good phone etiquette for problem solving for Dealers when they are on-site with problems.
English speaking is a must for this position.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Talking:Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Average Hearing:Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Repetitive Motions: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Average Visual Abilities:Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
Physical Strength: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally.
None: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
Able to interpret a variety of technical instructions and can deal with multiple variables.
Ability to compute discount, interest, profit, and loss; commission markup and selling price; ratio and proportion and percentage.
Able to perform very simple algebra.
Language Ability:Ability to read periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias.
Ability to prepare business letters, proposals, summaries, and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
Ability to conduct training, communicate at panel discussions, and make professional presentations.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
. No accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
·有较好的手绘功底，精通各种AI时，AutoCAD，3DMAX等2D / 3D设计建模软件;
逻辑兰数码贸易（上海）有限公司是罗兰数码集团株式会社（Roland DG Corporation ）子公司，负责中国（大陆，香港，澳门）地区的市场，物流和销售业务。罗兰数码集团株式会社成立于1981 年，总部位于日本浜松市，在东京证券交易所上市，是制造和销售全球计算机外围设备供应商。在标识，图形艺术，商业打印，包装，标签，促销礼品，纺织品，雕刻，切削和3D 建模等领域均处于全球领先地位。